Banner -Grant County, WA Official County Government Website

Button - Home

Header - Elected Offices

Button - Assessor

Button - Auditor

Button - Clerk

Button - Commissioners

Button - Coroner

Button - District Court

Button - Prosecutor

Button - Sheriff

Button - Superior Court

Button - Treasurer

Header - Departments

Button - Building

Button - Claims

Button - Central Services

Button - Code Enforcement

Button - Development Services

Button - Elections

Button - Emergency Management

Button - Fairgrounds

Button - Fire Marshal

Button - GCTS

Button - GIS (Maps and Data)

Button - Grant Integrated

Button - Human Resources

Button - New Hope

Button - Planning

Button - Public Records

Button - Public Works

Button - WSU Extension

Button - Youth Services

Header - Boards

Button - Equilization

Button - Weed Board

Button - Other

Button - Veterans Assistance

Sheriff's Home Page » Concealed Pistol Licenses


Staff Specialist

509-754-2011 ext. 2001

Concealed Pistol Licenses are processed at the Sheriff's Office, 35 C St NW, Ephrata.

Due to the ongoing response to the COVID-19 Pandemic, and to continue to follow Governor Inslee's Stay Home Stay Healthy Order, the following changes have been made to the CPL Process for the Grant County Sheriff's Office:

 New CPLs will be processed by appointment only by calling 754-2011 ext 2001 and scheduling.  Citizens entering the Sheriff's Office will be required to wear a mask and use hand sanitizer prior to fingerprinting.

  • A new CPL is any permit expired over 90 days or any new applicants


CPL Renewals and Replacements can now be done via mail!  The following information must be included:

  • CPL Application filled out completely, signed and dated at the bottom

  • A color copy of your photo ID (Drivers License, Passport, or State Issued ID) and a color copy of your current CPL

  • A Check or Money Order in the correct amount: 32$ for a Renewal (up to 90 days prior to expiration) or 42$ for a Late Renewal (Up to 90 days after expiration of current CPL)

  • If anything in the packet is incorrect, the packet will be sent back to be corrected.

If you have any questions, please call our office at 509-754-2011 Ext 2001


You can get get your CPL processed at the Sheriff's Office Monday - Friday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Fees: We accept debit or credit cards. We also accept cash, check or money order payable to the Grant County Sheriff's Office.

  • New CPL $50 ($36 for the license plus $14 for the fingerprinting)

  • Renewal $32 (90 days before the expiration date up until the day of actual expiration)

  • Late Renewal $42 (up to 90 days after expiration)

Fingerprints are included when you apply for a new CPL and are used as part of a criminal background investigation. 

*** Download your Concealed Pistol License Application 1524KB  ***


When do I need to have a Concealed Pistol License?

RCW 9.41.050 requires you to have a concealed pistol license when:


  • You are carrying a pistol concealed on your person, or

  • You are carrying or placing a loaded pistol in a vehicle.


Where do I apply for a Concealed Pistol License?

If you live in the unincorporated area of Grant County you must apply in person at the Sheriff’s Office in Ephrata.  If you live in an incorporated city within the county, you must apply in person at either the city police department or Sheriff’s Office.  Non-Washington residents may apply at any local law enforcement agency in Washington State.

Our address is:        
Grant County Sheriff’s Office
35 C Street NW
Ephrata, WA  98823
509-754-2011 ext.

What are the application hours?

Application hours are Monday - Friday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The application process takes about 10-20 minutes.


Is there a background check?

Yes. You will need to be fingerprinted and a criminal history background check will be conducted before your license is issued.


Are there other requirements?

Yes.  The following requirements must be met:

  • Resident of Grant County or a Non-Washington resident

  • 21 years of age or older at time of application

  • Be a United States citizen or a permanent resident alien with a permanent resident card (green card)

  • No pending trial, appeal or sentencing on a prohibitive charge

  • No outstanding warrants for any charge, from any court

  • No court order or injunction against possessing a firearm

  • No mental health prohibitors

  • No felony convictions

  • No convictions for any of the following crimes when committed by one family member against another on or after July 1, 1993;

    • Assault IV

    • Coercion

    • Stalking

    • Reckless Endangerment

    • Criminal Trespass in the first degree

    • Violation of the provisions of a protection order or no-contact order restraining the person or excluding the person from the residence


How long does it take before I receive my license?

If you are applying for your first concealed pistol license, it may take up to 30 days to complete the background check before the license is issued.  If you do not have a Washington driver’s license or identification card it can take up to 60 days.


What documents will I need to bring with me?

You will need to bring:

  • Picture identification, (such as your Washington driver’s license or identification card)

  • The fee of $50. This fee is non-refundable.

How long is my Concealed Pistol License valid?

Your concealed pistol license is valid for five years from the date your license is issued.  You will not receive a renewal notice and it is your responsibility to ensure your license has not expired.


How do I renew my Concealed Pistol License?

If you live in Grant County, you may renew your concealed pistol license in person at the Sheriff's Office in Ephrata, Monday - Friday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.  You may renew your license up to 90 days prior to the expiration date for a fee of $32.00, or up to 90 days after the expiration date for a late renewal fee of $42.00. You must provide picture identification and your current concealed pistol license. After 90 days you will be required to apply for an original license with a fee of $36. 


What if I lose my concealed pistol license?

If you live in Grant County and your license has been lost, stolen or destroyed, you may obtain a replacement license. You will need to apply in person at the Sheriff's Office in Ephrata, Monday - Friday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The fee for a replacement license is $10.00.


Does Washington have reciprocity for Concealed Pistol Licenses with any other states?

Washington has reciprocity or accepts concealed pistol licenses issued by a number of other states, so long as the handgun is carried in accordance with Washington law. The Washington State Attorney General's web site provides a list of those states that have reciprocity with Washington for concealed pistol licenses.


For more information about firearms law:

If you would like to obtain more information pertaining to state firearms law, call the Department of Licensing in Olympia at (360) 664-6616.  You may also write to:

Department of Licensing
Firearms Unit
PO Box 9469
Olympia, WA 98504-9649

For questions regarding federal law pertaining to firearms, or if you would like to obtain a copy of Federal Firearms Regulations, please write or call: 


The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF)

915 2nd Ave, Room 790

Seattle, WA 98174

(206) 389-6800


For additional information, please select this link


Web hosting services are provided and managed by Grant County Technology Services


| All Rights Reserved | Grant County, WA 2007-2020 |