How do I appeal the assessed value?

File a completed appeal petition with the Grant County Board of Equalization by July 1st of the assessment year or within 30 days of when the change of value notice was mailed. Appeal forms are available from the clerk of the Board of Equalization 509-754-2011, ext. 2931 or at the Assessor's office. To appeal a valuation, you must show with facts where the appraiser for the Assessor's office has erred in the property assessment. A good first step is to contact the appraiser from the assessor's office to discuss your concerns.

Show All Answers

1. How is property valued?
2. What is market value?
3. How often does the county appraise my property?
4. How do I appeal the assessed value?
5. Do I have to let the county appraiser come into my house or onto my property?
6. If the house next door sells to an out-of-state buyer for much more than it is worth, will it affect my taxes?
7. Why do property taxes vary throughout the county?
8. What is the 101% lid law?
9. What is the personal property tax?