How do I know when and where to go to court?

If you are a witness to a crime and you must appear at trial, you will receive a subpoena from the Grant County Prosecuting Attorney or another attorney in the case. The subpoena should state where and when you must appear. When you are subpoenaed for trial, you can check the trial run the day before trial to see if the case is going to trial, has been continued, or has been resolved. You are normally subpoenaed to appear at the Grant County Superior Court.

Show All Answers

1. Will I have to testify?
2. Can I drop the charges?
3. I have bills because of this crime. How can I get them paid?
4. I have been threatened or contacted by the defendant. What can I do?
5. An attorney or investigator has been contacting me about the case. Do I have to talk to them?
6. I gave a statement to law enforcement. Why do I have to be interviewed?
7. Can someone attend the interview with me?
8. Will the defendant go to prison or jail?
9. Can I contact the defendant?
10. How can I be notified if the defendant is released from jail?
11. How could the defendant plead "not guilty?" I saw him do it/He confessed.
12. Can I obtain restitution for things such as pain, suffering, and mental anguish?
13. What is a protection order? How can I get one?
14. How do I know when and where to go to court?