How can I be notified if the defendant is released from jail?

There are two methods.  

The first and best is to register through the Washington Statewide Victim Information and Notification Service. You can register online or by phone. To register online, go to and click on Washington State. Follow the directions. To register by phone, call 1 (877) 846-3492.

The other method is to contact the Grant County Jail at (509) 754-2011 ext. 2400 and request that they notify you if the defendant is released. 

You will not be notified unless you register through one of these methods. There is no automatic notification unless you register.

Victim Information & Notification Everyday

Show All Answers

1. Will I have to testify?
2. Can I drop the charges?
3. I have bills because of this crime. How can I get them paid?
4. I have been threatened or contacted by the defendant. What can I do?
5. An attorney or investigator has been contacting me about the case. Do I have to talk to them?
6. I gave a statement to law enforcement. Why do I have to be interviewed?
7. Can someone attend the interview with me?
8. Will the defendant go to prison or jail?
9. Can I contact the defendant?
10. How can I be notified if the defendant is released from jail?
11. How could the defendant plead "not guilty?" I saw him do it/He confessed.
12. Can I obtain restitution for things such as pain, suffering, and mental anguish?
13. What is a protection order? How can I get one?
14. How do I know when and where to go to court?