What about agricultural burns?

A permit is required before you can conduct an agricultural burn. An agricultural burn is a burn of orchard trees (if the orchard will be replanted) open fields or harvest debris.

Every day there is a decision made if agricultural burning will be allowed. You can call 509-329-3400 for the daily burn decision or visit the Washington State Department of Ecology's burn decision page.

Show All Answers

1. What materials are illegal to burn in an outdoor fire?
2. What can I burn in an outdoor fire?
3. How much natural vegetation can I burn?
4. Can I use a burn barrel to burn natural vegetation?
5. What is the definition of Residential Burning?
6. Can I use a burn to clear off my land?
7. What is the definition of Land Clearing burning?
8. Is there anywhere I can't burn?
9. Can I burn at night?
10. What if the smoke is drifting over to my neighbors house?
11. What are some alternatives to burning?
12. What about agricultural burns?
13. What do I need to do to conduct a safe burn?
14. Where can I find more burning tips and restriction information?