Concealed Pistol Licenses


Applicants must be Grant County residents or out-of-state residents. Washington residents who live outside of Grant County must apply at their local Sheriff's Office. City residents may apply to the local law enforcement agency (police department) in the jurisdiction where they reside.

Any applicant convicted of a felony cannot have a permit unless their rights have been restored by the appropriate court. Other conditions that may prevent the ability to obtain a Concealed Pistol License (CPL) are listed in RCW 9.41.070.

Apply for, Renew or Replace a CPL

All applications will be processed online on the Permitium website.


Online only, via the Permitium website. In-person applications are not being accepted at this time.

CPL Renewals

Online only, via the Permitium website. You may not apply until 90 days prior to the expiration date shown on your current CPL.

CPL Late Renewals

Online only, via the Permitium website. Applications will be accepted up to 90 days after the expiration date shown on the current CPL.

CPL Replacement

Online only, via the Permitium website. If your CPL is lost, stolen or destroyed, you may apply for a replacement regardless of where your CPL was originally issued.

Items to Bring to Your Appointment

Applicants must provide one of the following state or federally issued photo identification:

  • A current driver's license
  • A current passport
  • A current Washington state identification card
  • Law enforcement identification
  • Military identification card
  • Additional required documentation (if applicable):
    • Alien Firearms License
    • Permanent resident card (green card)

Out-of-State Residents

Washington has reciprocity for concealed pistol licenses issued by certain other states, so long as the handgun is carried in accordance with Washington law. The Washington State Attorney General's website provides a list of those states that have reciprocity with Washington for concealed pistol licenses.

Alien Firearms Licenses

The Department of Licensing has additional application information for resident aliens living in Washington State who wish to apply for a firearms license.


For credit card transactions, a nominal credit card transaction fee and an online convenience fee will be charged for each transaction. These charges are non-refundable and will be visible prior to transaction completion. Credit card transaction services are provided by a third party vendor and the Sheriff's Office only collects the fees in accordance with the Washington State statute.

In accordance with RCW 9.41.070 (5), RCW 9.41.070 (6) and RCW 9.41.070 (7), fees associated with applying for a CPL are non-refundable. In the event that you cancel your application, do not pick-up your license, or if you are found to be ineligible to lawfully possess a CPL/firearm, you will not receive a refund.

More Information

Fire more information pertaining to state firearms law on the Department of Licensing website, or call the Department of Licensing in Olympia at 360-664-6616. You may also write to:

Department of Licensing
Firearms Unit
P.O. Box 9469
Olympia, WA 98504

Federal Firearms Regulations

For questions regarding federal law pertaining to firearms visit the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives website, or if you would like to obtain a copy of Federal Firearms Regulations, write or call:

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
915 2nd Avenue
Room 790
Seattle, WA 98174
Phone: 206-389-6800