Lateral Transfer Patrol Deputy
Grant County Sheriff's Patrol Division
Grant County is in the heart of the Columbia Basin in Central Washington State about 100 miles west of Spokane and 130 miles east of Seattle.
This is the high desert of Washington. Residents enjoy arid summers and mild winters. It is home to about 98,000 people and covers nearly 2,800 square miles. Residents and visitors alike enjoy fishing, boating, hunting, golf, off-road vehicle fun and other great recreation.
The Sheriff's Office answers more than 16,000 calls for service per year. Our response area includes densely populated suburban, large agricultural farms, lakes and rivers, and remote wilderness.
Patrol Division Staff
The Grant County Sheriff's Office is staffed with 123 full time employees, 3 contract employees and 10 volunteers. There are 57 commissioned law enforcement officers, 41 correctional staff, and 25 support staff. Of the 10 volunteers there is 1 Reserve Deputy, 4 Mounted Posse Members, 4 Public Information Officers, and 1 Chaplain. Our agency provides service through patrol, ORV unit, marine patrol unit, traffic unit, major crimes unit, drug enforcement unit, gang unit, and four K9 teams.
- Within the last two years, have been employed continuously for 12 months as a full-time employee of a public law enforcement agency in a comparable position
- Have successfully completed a probationary period
- Have successfully completed the Washington State Criminal Justice Training Basic Law Enforcement Academy, or be qualified to take the Washington State equivalency course
Pay & Benefits
- 12 Paid Holidays (Holiday pay added if the holiday is worked)
- Current Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans
- Immediate 60 hours of accrued leave upon hire
- Incentive Pay for Field Training Officers, Bi-Lingual, Canine, and SWAT/TRT
- Education Incentive
- LEOFF II retirement
- Longevity Pay
- Take Home Vehicle Upon Hiring
- And more!
You will be required to submit an employment application, resume, cover letter, and successfully pass the written test administered by Grant County Human Resources to be considered for employment. Use this link to travel to the application page.