Entry Level Corrections Deputy
Grant County Sheriff's Corrections Division
The Grant County Sheriff's Corrections Division provides correctional and custody services for over one dozen law enforcement and criminal justice agencies locally, as well as coordination of prisoner custody transfer and transportation with jails and prisons both state and nation wide.
Currently, the Sheriff's Office runs two correctional facilities serving the citizens of Grant County, the Grant County Jail and Grant County Satellite Justice Center (Work Release Facility). But, exciting changes are underway with the process of building a new correctional facility in progress. The new justice center will combine all custody operations in one location, and provide the citizens of Grant County with a much needed facility, designed not only for the current need, but for the needs of our citizens and the local law and justice community well into the future. The facility will be a model of the best of new correctional processes, practices, and technology providing a safe and secure facility for our citizens and staff, and a safe and humane environment for all inmates in our custody and care.
We currently have 42 correction deputy positions, providing inmate supervision, court security, transport services, electronic home detention, work release, and inmate work and education programs. Correction deputies also serve as State certified firearm and defensive tactics instructors for the corrections division, the Critical Response Team (CRT), our patrol division, and other local law enforcement agencies as well.
- 21 Years of Age (there is no maximum age limit)
- High School Diploma or GED
- No felony convictions or pattern of misdemeanors
- No use of illegal drugs within the past 5 years
- No use of marijuana within the past 1 year
- Possess a WA State Drivers License
- U.S. Citizenship or Resident
Pay & Benefits
- 11 Paid holidays (Holiday pay added if the holiday is worked)
- 12-hour shifts
- Days: 6 am to 6 pm
- Graveyard 6 pm to 6 am
- Collective Bargaining Agreement; Teamsters Local Union No. 760
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans
- Longevity Pay
- Retirement Options
- PSERS Retirement Plan
- PERS 2
- Western Conference of Teamsters Pension Trust
- Salary Range: $3,931.20 to $4,624.53 per month
- Veteran's Benefits from the GI Bill during training
- And more!
- Interview with Sheriff Jones