Victim Information & Notification Everyday
Get notified when someone has a change in custody status through the Victim Information and Notification Everyday (VINE) service.
VINELink is the online version of VINE (Victim Information and Notification Everyday). This service allows victims of crime and the general public to obtain the custody status of offenders 24 hours a day and register for alerts when a change in status occurs. VINELink is free, completely anonymous and anyone can register to be notified by phone, email, text message (SMS) or TTY device when an offender’s custody status changes. Washington VINELink can be reached toll-free at 1-877-846-3492 or by going to www.vinelink.com and choosing Washington. VINELink is available in multiple languages both online and via phone.
Sign Up & Service Procedure
- By Phone
- Call 1-877-846-3492
- Follow the automated prompts to register for notifications or check the custody status of a specific offender
- Must have Offender name or Offender ID to register or check custody status
- Press 0 to speak to a live operator at any time
- Online at www.vinelink.com or through the VINELink Mobile App
- Go to www.vinelink.com or download the VINELink Mobile App
- Select Washington
- Select “Search for Someone”
- Search for an Offender located in Washington
- Select to search by Name or Offender ID
- Enter Offender Name or Offender ID
- Select “I’m not a Robot”
- Select Search to see results
- Find appropriate offender to view custody status (stop here if you are just checking status, continue if you wish to receive notifications)
- Click “Get Notified” at the bottom of the Offender’s information (if you wish to receive notifications)
- Click “Add”
- Choose preferred notification methods and fill out information required
- You will receive registration confirmation once registration is completed
- VINE is completely anonymous. The offender will never know you are registered with VINE.
- If you are signed up for phone notifications and are unable to answer, VINE will leave a voice message. (If there is no answer, VINE will keep calling until you confirm the phone call by pressing 9, saying “confirm” or until 24 hours have passed)
- Since VINE calls automatically when an offender's custody status changes you may get a call from VINE in the middle of the night.
- Do not leave a phone number with VINE that rings to a switchboard.
- Do not depend only on the VINE service, or any other single program, for your protection. If you feel that you may be at risk, take precautions as if the offender has already been released. (Make VINE part of your safety plan)
- You can leave more than one phone number with VINE, just call the VINE service again
- You can sign up to receive more than one notification type with the WA VINE Service (ie. Phone and Email notifications)
- VINE does not require a four-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) to receive notifications however, it does require creating a PIN when you register in order to delete or modify registrations in the future. (Always create a PIN that is easy to remember)
VINE Information to Keep Safe
Write down the following information and keep in a safe place:
- Offender Name
- Offender Number
- Your Four-digit PIN