Grant County Work Release Center
The Grant County Work Release Center is a 100 bed, medium security facility operated by the Correction Division of the Grant County Sheriff's Office.
Work Release Center Overview
The Work Release Center opened in March of 1999 to provide housing for minimum to medium security, post sentence inmates and to allow local courts the option of Work Release as a sentencing alternative.
Generalized Education Diploma Program
Inmate education is emphasized at the facility. Inmates who do not possess a high school diploma or Generalized Education Diploma (GED) are required to attend GED preparation classes held at the facility twice a week.
College & Vocational Classes
The facility also encourages inmates with diplomas to prepare for college and/or vocational courses by attending GED classes. For these inmates entry into the GED class is a little more difficult. Prior to being accepted into the class the inmate must verbalize in a 500 word essay on why they should be allowed in the course and what their future plans are. Upon review of the essay by the GED teacher and facility sergeant acceptance into the class is either granted or denied.
Work Programs Supervised by Staff
Inmate work programs are also emphasized at the facility:
- Work Crew: Inmates are utilized for permanently assigned and temporary details where inmate labor allows governmental or non-profit agencies to save or maximize tax payer dollars
- Temporary Details: landscaping, weed abatement, painting, brush removal and moving of office furniture
- State Parks: Pre and post season grounds clean-up and maintenance
- Historical Museum: General labor for grounds maintenance, janitorial and construction projects
- Port of Ephrata: General labor for grounds maintenance, janitorial and construction projects
- Washington State Department of Fish and Wildlife: General labor for grounds maintenance, janitorial and construction projects
Inmate Visitation Hours
Visit the Visitation page for more information.
|Monday||No Visitation||No Visitation||No Visitation|
|Tuesday||8 am to 11 am||Noon to 4 pm||No Visitation|
|Wednesday||No Visitation||No Visitation||No Visitation|
|Thursday||8 am to 11 am||Noon to 4 pm||No Visitation|
|Friday||8 am to 11 am||Noon to 4 pm||No Visitation|
|Saturday||8 am to 11 am||Noon to 4 pm||No Visitation|
|Sunday||No Visitation||No Visitation||No Visitation|