The goal of Grant County District Court is to ensure equal access to justice for all, provide effective and timely resolution of legal matters, and assure dignified and fair treatment for all while promoting respect for, and the independence of, the judiciary.
The services we provide are consistent with Washington State’s “Courts of Limited Jurisdiction.” Grant County has one countywide District Court, in two locations. The judicial operation of the District Court is the sole responsibility of the three District Court Judges and one full-time Court Commissioner.
In order to make judicial services as available as possible to the citizens of the County, the Superior Court Judges appoint the District Court Judges as Commissioners of the Superior Court. This enables the District Court Judges to sign temporary and preliminary orders in a variety of cases in Superior Court, as well as sitting in Juvenile Court and Domestic Relations Court as needed.
Cases & Jurisdiction
Grant County has one countywide District Court. The Court is empowered to hear all traffic cases, misdemeanors, gross misdemeanors, and preliminary hearings in felony cases.
Civil jurisdiction is concurrent with Superior Court and extends to cases in which the amount in controversy does not exceed $100,000 exclusive of interest and costs. District Court hears small claims where the amount in controversy does not exceed $10,000 for human beings and $5,000 for businesses.
The District Court does not have jurisdiction in cases involving the title to real estate and certain other limited exceptions.
Our staff is composed of various judges, administrators, and managers in addition to 2 Lead Clerks and 16 District Court Clerks.
- Affidavit of Service (PDF)
- Affidavit of Surrender (PDF)
- Community Service Time Sheet (PDF)
- Court Text Reminder Opt-In (PDF)
- Deferred Prosecution (PDF)
- Moción (formulario en blanco) (PDF)
- Motion Blank (PDF)
- Motion, Affidavit and Order in Forma Pauperis (PDF)
- Name Change Consent of Natural Parent - Minor (PDF)
- Name Change Information Sheet (PDF)
- Name Change Motion for Waiver of Fees (PDF)
- Name Change Order for Waiver of Fees (PDF)
- Name Change Petition - Adult (PDF)
- Name Change Petition - Minor (PDF)
- Name Change Return of Service - Minor and-or Adult (PDF)
- Note for Motion Hearing (PDF)
- Notice of Appeal to Superior Court and Certification of Filing Status (PDF)
- Notice of Settlement (PDF)
- Notice, Motion, Order for Vacating Marijuana Conviction (PDF)
- Notice, Petition, Order for Vacating Conviction (PDF)
- Order Blank (PDF)
- Order of Continuance (PDF)
- Petition of Deferred Prosecution (PDF)
- Probation Report Form - English (PDF)
- Reporte Mensual (PDF)
- Request for Information from District Court (PDF)
- Request for Public Defender (English) (PDF)
- Satisfaction of Judgment (PDF)
- Solicitud de Defensor Público (PDF)
- Statement of Defendant for Contested by Mail (PDF)
- Statement of Defendant for Mitigation by Mail (PDF)
- Subpoena (PDF)
- Trial Status Confirmation (PDF)