Permits & Information Packets

Public Works is charging permit Fees starting January 1st, 2023.  

Payment is by check or money order only.

The Franchise fee has already been implemented.

Fee Schedule

Overweight / Overwidth Permit


Grant County requires the following items in order to prepare a moving permit for County roadways:

  1. Proof of Insurance $300,000 minimum - must also show vehicle information for the hauling vehicle used
  2. A detailed turn by turn route with beginning and ending addresses
  3. The widest width of the truck, trailer and/or load
  4. The combined weight of the hauling vehicle and the load

This permit may take up to 24 hours. 

Petitions for Speed Limits & Jake Brakes

Speed Limit changes and request for Jake brake and/or other ordinance changes may be requested by a letter of Petition to the Grant County Board of County Commissioners.

How to Submit

You may either mail or bring your petition in to the Board of County Commissioners Clerk's Office.

Submission Requirements

  • The letter may have one to as many signatures that can be acquired. There is not a minimum, however, more signatures are better to insure the majority of the local residents in an area are in agreement to the proposed changes.
  • List all of the reasons for the change, such as School Bus route, area congestion, mailboxes, left turns in truck traffic, etc.

Processing Requests

Once the BOCC receives the letter, they will review the petition and pass it forward to the County Engineer for review. The County Engineer employs several methods to determine the best way to handle a speed limit issue; such as traffic counts, solar radar and posting a deputy and/or other studies. If the speed limit change is reasonable and prudent, Public Works will write a resolution for hearing to Amend the Grant County Code. A hearing date will be set and the proposed change posted in the paper. This process takes from 2 to 8 weeks.

During the hearing, evidence is presented for or against the change. The Board of County Commissioners will approve or deny the resolution to Amend Grant County Code.

Signs are usually changed or posted within 1 to 2 weeks. The ordinance may take several days before the change is made. The resolution will be on file for Public Information both at the BOCC Clerk's and Public Works.

GCPW Memorial Signs

  • How much does the sign cost?  Per WSDOT standards the cost is $750.  The purchaser will also be responsible for all maintenance of the sign.
  • The sign will remain in place for 15 years.        GCPW retains the right to remove or relocate a sign that becomes a hazard.
  • To initiate a request, please contact GCPW Sign Shop, [email protected]
  • Example, additional info