The county-wide duties of the Traffic Section include sign placement, paint striping, road system inventories and vandalism repair.
Other duties of the Traffic Section includes:
- Maintenance of the county road sign inventory
- Striping on the road system
- Assisting the Engineering Department in updating and maintaining the Road Log inventories, streetlight and traffic signal maintenance, and asphalt cuts
- Painting of railroad crossings, crosswalks and other road markings
To avoid the possibility of collisions the Traffic Section responds to missing or knocked down "Stop" and "Yield" signs on a 24 hour basis. Other signs will be repaired or replaced as soon as possible.
Our office hours are from 7 am to 3:30 pm, Monday through Friday. To report a problem with a sign, we can be reached by calling Grant County Public Works at 509-754-6082 and asking for the Sign Shop. We are located at the Public Works Complex at:
124 Enterprise Street SW
Ephrata, WA 98823
We at Grant County encourage the public to report any sign problem you encounter and most of all report missing or down "Stop" and "Yield" signs. This can be done easily by phoning Grant County Multi Agency Communications Center (MACC) dispatch at 509-762-1160.
Other signs and Fees:
Fees are payable by check or money order only.
- Address Markers $25 each
- Private Road Signs $250 each
- Memorial Signs