Grant County Public Works Administration and Accounting support and serve all divisions of Public Works by maintaining:
- Centralized cost accounting functions
- Oversight and direct support of departmental personnel activities
- Preparation and submission of internal and externally required reports
- Interpretation and distribution of emerging legislative and policy information
This division ensures a consistent and predictable level of performance within Public Works and is responsible for the overall financial and budget preparation and reporting within the department.
Administration/Accounting duties include:
- Maintains the central filing functions and hiring practices/liaison relating to personnel functions
- Facilitates communication between agencies and the public
- Develops, maintains and submits internal and external reports
- Distributes and interprets legislative information resulting in prioritized actions of the department
Financial Information Correspondence
We also provide financial information to Public Works department managers, County Commissioners, County Elected Officials, other governmental agencies and the general public through accurate and timely accounting services which include: annual budgets, quarterly tax reports, budget status reports, and other special reports as requested; processing of payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and general ledger; and management of grants.
Administration/Accounting is the interpretative division for Public Works for the Washington Department of Budget and Finance using the BARS manual and other legislative directives to appropriately manage funds within the department and ensure that Public Works is always in compliance with the laws of the land.
This division is the primary link between Public Works and the other branches of Grant County government.