Grant County assigns addresses based on a grid system to sites outside the boundaries of incorporated cities and towns. Assigning addresses in a consistent and predictable manner helps emergency responders locate you and your property in times of need.
Site addresses are managed by application.
- Submit the application
- Pay the fee (PDF)
- Post your address
Posting your Address
The following is from the Grant County, Washington, Code of Ordinances, Title 10 - Roads, Highways and Bridges, Chapter 10.36 Grant County Road Naming and Site Addressing, Article VI Display of Addresses.
10.36.600 - Address Numbers
- The provisions of this chapter are meant to complement Section R319, Site Address, of the currently adopted International Residential Code.
- Each property owner shall display and maintain the address number assigned to the property, structure, unit, or improvement.
- Grant County fabricates and provides one uniform address marker for every new site address assigned via the process defined in Section 10.36.500. Additional uniform address markers are available for purchase from Grant County.
- Display of a uniform address marker inside the owner’s property line at the driveway approach is required in the following circumstances:
- The addressed structure is located more than one hundred feet from the road designated in the site address.
- The addressed structure is not clearly visible from the road designated in the site address.
- Display of a uniform address marker is recommended in the following circumstance:
- The addressed structure is located one hundred feet or less from the road designated in the site address, and is clearly visible from said road.
- Address numbers displayed on a structure shall be a minimum of four inches in height, with a minimum stroke width of one-half-inch, and shall be placed in a location that can be easily identified from the roadside from which the building is addressed. For maximum daylight visibility, the numbers shall contrast with the background they are placed upon. For maximum nighttime visibility, the numbers shall be illuminated or receive illumination from a nearby light source.
- Corner lot address numbers shall be displayed facing the road designated in the assigned site address.
10.36.610 - Shared Access
Addressable structures or sites located along an unnamed shared-use driveway must be posted at the intersection of the driveway and the road designated in the assigned site address. Additional posting may be required at the location of any subsequent intersections along the shared-use driveway. The structure or site shall display posting at the structure location or the site in compliance with the provisions in Section 10.36.600.
10.36.620 - Timing of Display
An owner shall display the assigned site address within 15 days of notification or before occupancy of a new residence or building.
The example below is color-coded to show the location of address marker(s) for each building or parcel: