Can someone else speak for me?

If you do not want to make a Victim Impact Statement yourself, you can have someone else speak on your behalf.  This also means that parents can speak on behalf of their children if the children are victims and that a family member or friend can speak on behalf of a deceased victim.  The Victim/Witness Coordinator or a Victim's Advocate can also read a statement you have written to the court, although it is much more powerful if it comes directly from the victim.